When you have a connecting flight, passing the time in a lounge makes the experience that much better. We had four hours to kill at Helsinki Airport and we spent the time relaxing and indulging in some lovely cakes in the cool contemporary surroundings of the Finnair Lounge.Read More
Author: Jetset Andy
An exciting brief encounter with Airbus’ latest baby flying Finnair A350 Business Class from London Heathrow to Helsinki
Finnair was the 1st European carrier to fly the Airbus A350, a plane that’s revolutionising the flying experience. Mainly used for long-haul flights, Finnair is using it on some Heathrow to Helsinki flights and we took one of these to experience the Finnair A350 Business Class.Read More
What happens when you mix classic afternoon tea with an iconic red Routemaster bus? You get the fabulous B Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus Tour! To celebrate Valentine’s Day we took the tour for a fab afternoon nibbling teatime treats & viewing some great London sights.Read More
The Hilton Vienna Plaza has been our favourite Viennese hotel since we first stayed there in 2000. Located on Vienna’s Ringstrasse, it is in easy walking distance of the historic city centre. For us, it makes a great base from which to visit Vienna’s amazing Christmas markets.Read More
Our Christmas trip to Vienna couldn’t happen without a flight. For the last few years, our airline of choice for the trip has been British Airways. We always make the trip in Club Europe and in December 2016 we were flying on a reward ticket, purchased with OnBusiness points.Read More
- A gin bar, table service & a warm welcome at the Qantas London Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3
- Christmas in London; wonderful windows, marvellous markets & twinkling trimmings
- ‘Tis the season to indulge in some mulled wine at the London Christmas markets
- Travel insurance – can you afford to travel without it?
- The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família: Gaudí’s breathtaking gift to God
- Celebrating World Tapas Day 2017 with Turismo de Granada and Turismo de Jaén
- Discovering pintxos, txakoli and the Basque Country at Taste of London
- Learning about classic Spanish snacks at a tapas making class in Barcelona
- The Palau de la Música Catalana: A temple of light and sound
- Light, bright decor & great runway views in the British Airways Club Lounge at Gatwick
Follow us on Twitter
There’s so much in Ethiopia, but I was transfixed by the idea of visiting Harar, a UNESCO World Heritage Center. It’s apparently considered one of Islam’s holy cities, and its maze of colorful streets has 82 mosques and numerous shrines — some dating back to the 10th century.
Who else wishes they were here right now 🙋?
📍: Waikīkī Beach
Streets of Shinjuku // Day or night, it’s always packed with people zipping through, getting their dose of retail therapy, filling their tummies with delicious food, or getting their drink on a little early or late
Love shooting down Tokyo’s streets a… https://t.co/PgmvCw1qDL
The Singapore Sling🍹was invented here at the Raffles Hotel, Singapore ~1915.
Originally called the “Gin Sling,” the drink was made to look like innocent punch... a discrete way for ladies to drink alcohol in public. Because proper ladies shouldn’t drink in public (in 1915).