In a country that has a verb tapear, for eating tapas, tapas are more than just a snack. Spain celebrates the tapa with World Tapas Day and we joined Turismo de Granada & Turismo de Jaén for una Fiesta de Tapas to celebrate Tapas Day & enjoy tapas from the regions.Read More
Author: Jetset Andy
When is tapas not tapas? When it’s a pintxo!! We were lucky enough to be invited to a pintxo making demo from chefs at Iberica London, hosted by Basque Country tourism at Taste of London. The evening was a great way to learn about the Basque area and its gastronomy.Read More
No trip to Spain is complete without eating tapas. After the fun we had making paella in Valencia, we decided to take a tapas making class while we were in Barcelona to learn how to make them. It turned out to be a fun way to spend an evening.Read More
Barcelona has plenty of fantastic examples of modernist architecture, but perhaps one of the most beautiful is the Palau de la Música Catalana. Lavishly decorated with sculpture, mosaic and glass, the fabulous Palau has been the home of the Orfeó Català for nearly 100 years.Read More
When BA’s flights moved to the South Terminal at London Gatwick Airport, the airline could upgrade the tired lounge of the old terminal. The result is the new British Airways Club Lounge at Gatwick, which is 40% bigger & a stylish space to hang out as you wait for your flight.Read More
- A gin bar, table service & a warm welcome at the Qantas London Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3
- Christmas in London; wonderful windows, marvellous markets & twinkling trimmings
- ‘Tis the season to indulge in some mulled wine at the London Christmas markets
- Travel insurance – can you afford to travel without it?
- The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família: Gaudí’s breathtaking gift to God
- Celebrating World Tapas Day 2017 with Turismo de Granada and Turismo de Jaén
- Discovering pintxos, txakoli and the Basque Country at Taste of London
- Learning about classic Spanish snacks at a tapas making class in Barcelona
- The Palau de la Música Catalana: A temple of light and sound
- Light, bright decor & great runway views in the British Airways Club Lounge at Gatwick
Follow us on Twitter
Lived in London for goodness knows how many years… and never knew about Drummond Street 😋
This spring, I spent a lot of time talking and walking (and eating) on Drummond Street, learning about its South Asian heritage and the people who make it special. Thanks @elliecobb1 for my first @BBC_Travel story about a London street with so much heart. https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20210907-londons-most-authentic-indian-food
Thorn Tree Forum on @lonelyplanet website was the biggest missed opportunity of all in travel media in the last 25 years. Now it is completely gone, what a huge pity. https://couchfish.substack.com/p/couchfish-turning-community-into by @travelfish
See Cornwall as never before through its annual festivals. It reveals ancient history, customs, legends and traditions that still have an important part to play in Cornwall’s unique way of life.
Think it’s time to start building our ‘Must visit restaurants in Bangkok’ list. Sooo much awesome food to look forward to! 😋
New Sunday, new restaurant, Cholos Mexican. Fish and pork tacos sooo delicious. Reminds me of the Taco Bus in Tampa and their California Tacos. With an afternoon Margarita.
Remember when the only travel struggles were time off and cash flow.
I miss those days
*books more covid swabs for holidays*